NuStat Tactical Hemostatic Gauze
NuStat Tactical Hemostatic Gauze Dressing
What is NuStat Tactical?
- A safe, effective hemostatic dressing
- Ideally suited for penetrating trauma wounds
- Narrow dressing width allows for easy, rapid application
- It's comprehensive matrix of hemostatic clotting fibers work synergistically to accelerate clot formation
- Hemostasis maintained with stable clot formation
NuStat products are a comprehensive matrix of hemostatic clotting fibers that work synergistically to accelerate clot formation.
The matrix consists of two primary components; cellulose and silica-based fibers, that provide:
- Absorption and Concentration: The cellulose component quickly absorbs excess fluid and binds red cells from the injury site, thereby concentrating the cellular and molecular mechanisms needed for effective hemostasis.
- Activation and Attachment: The silica-based component promotes platelet activation and attachment at the wound site. This well known phenomenon is known as the glass effect, ultimately helping to accelerate the body's natural formation of a platelet plug.
Instructions for use:
- Apply NuStat Tactical™ directly to the inner surface of the wound.
- Apply firm pressure so NuStat Tactical™ makes direct contact with the bleeding area.
- Maintain pressure, pack wound and secure bandage if necessary.
- If bleeding continues, apply new NuStat Tactical™ as directed above.
Indications for use:
Rx: NuStat Tactical™ is a single-use hemostatic wound dressing applied externally with mechanical compression to temporarily control bleeding in lacerations, punctures, abrasions and incisions.